Practice Areas > Employment
Andrew Freed works with individual employees as well as small and medium sized businesses in navigating the employment relationship. Mr. Freed strives to provide effective and practical guidance to his clients facing employment-related problems and zealous advocacy when disputes arise.
He represents clients in all manner of employment disputes and litigation, including claims under the Massachusetts Wage Act and Massachusetts Independent Contractor Statute. He also handles claims involving termination and severance agreements, employment contract disputes, privacy issues, non-competition and restrictive covenants, whistle-blower and other protected activity retaliation, trade secrets misappropriation, restrictions against competition and solicitation, interference with employment relationships and other unfair business practices.
Employment Practice Areas
- Termination and Severance Agreements
- Massachusetts Wage Law
- Independent Contractor Disputes
- Sales Commissions
- Successfully settled claim by liquor salesman against employer liquor wholesaler for improper retention of sales commissions.
- Obtained settlement of claim by Bank management employee for wages and severance benefits improperly withheld.
- Represented numerous corporate executives in negotiating Termination and Severance Agreements in both Employee for Term and Employee at Will settings.
- Successfully settled suit against employer for improperly classifying statutory employee as independent contractor.